Friday 2 October 2015

HULT MBA Alumni talks about sharing business skills


Jackie Ngu

Jackie Ngu runs a family business here in London supplying healthcare professionals to the NHS. A Hult MBA Alumni she talks about the challenges of volunteering by skype and mobile as part of our #Uganda600 programme.

The Experience
When I first received the details about attending an event at Hult International Business School, called Grow movement, I didn’t need convincing. I have always donated to charities but never felt like I was actually making a difference as you never knew really where your donation was going. Unfortunately I was not even able to attend the event as I had to do a presentation, but as I said before, this was not necessary. I just knew that it would be a privilege for me to be given the chance to empower African entrepreneurs not just waiting to get handouts but wanting to be able to provide for their family.

My client
I think I have been very lucky with my client. Gorreti is hardworking with 2 shops selling a range of items from electrical to stationary items. She is always willing to try out new ideas and we have very good discussions about the way forward. She knows exactly where she needs help and where she wants her business to go. I am hoping I can work with her to make a positive difference.

Challenges
Our one and only main challenge has been getting Gorreti connected onto the internet. This is not something she had done before and very difficult to assist someone with this over the phone, when you are not sure what they can see. We are getting there as she has been able to open my email and also the attachment. Just need her to be able to send me an email. That will be the next challenge. Going forwards it would be great for Grow Movement to supply more basic IT skills to entrepreneurs before they start the programme as it can be difficult to consult entirely by Skype.

Jackie we totally agree with you! Our vision for the future is to have more basic training up front before releasing to VCs to start. All in the plans we just need funding!

3 comments:

  1. I have been a victim of too many scammers out there trying to get this blank card,which made every one of us who seek this blank card is fake and doesn’t exist but not when i meet with ATM HACKERS WORLDWIDE {wisdom.blankatmhacker@hotmail.com}. I told him that i wasn’t ready to send any fee to him but he made it clear to me that will be difficult to get it without the fee but when he gave me reasons, i decided to try him for the last time and he gave me 4 working days to get the blank card. I doubted and believe i ve lost it all, but to my great shock i heard my bell ringing and i went to open the door and behold it was a parcel dispatcher and i look into the parcel when he left there was my blank card enclosed, i did used the card has instructed and today i am a living testimony to this magic blank card. Stay away from scammers and contact email for your real and existing blank card. {wisdom.blankatmhacker@hotmail.com} Or call +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of us are still unaware of the recent development of the Blank ATM card.. An ATM card that can change your financial status within few days. With this Blank ATM card, you can withdraw between $1000-$10,000 daily from any ATM machine in the world. There is no risk of getting caught by any form of security if you followed the instructions properly. The Blank ATM card is also sophisticated due to the fact that the card has its own security making your transaction very safe and untraceable. For more info contact us with the below address and you can also watch our YouTube to read customers review.
       
     E-mail: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete